- This event has passed.
Jolly Jingle Jog (5K Fun Run)
December 19, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Total Strength Fitness still plans to host fifth annual JOLLY JINGLE JOG 5K fun run. We will do all we can to make this event just like our first four years, but there are going to be a couple changes. First (the most interesting change), the Jolly Jingle Jog will both start and end at Riverside (Lions) Park!
- All participants will wear a mask up until they begin the event.
- There will not be a mass start. Instead, walkers, joggers, and runners will begin as they are ready to go and at least 30 seconds in front of the next participant who is not a family member.
- Each participant will be provided hands-free hand sanitizer before completing registration form.
- Before the start line and after the finish line, participants will do their best to remain 6 feet apart.
- Each participant will be provided their own sealed bottled water after crossing the finish line.
- The first participant may start the 5K at 9:00a.m. and the final participant may start the 5K as late as 9:30 a.m.
- Location start and finish: Riverside Park in Rockford.
- Registration begins at 8:30 a.m.
Part of the course will take you up the beautiful Rockford River Road. It also will take you right along the river as you return to the park on the paved path that borders the far side of Riverside Park. The course will continue to the finish line by way of the 100 Christmas trees that line Riverside Park’s sidewalk. Take a look HERE to get a detailed look at this year’s route!
There will be no fee to participate in our Jolly Jingle Jog, as it is not meant to be a race, but rather a time to get together with other friends who enjoy moving on our own two feet. However, we do ask that you bring a bag of groceries for the RiverWorks Food Shelf to help our neighbors in need. Key items needed by the food shelf are listed below.
FREE JOLLY JINGLE JOG GIFT FOR EVERY PARTICIPANT! This year we have a super cute commemorative Christmas ornament as a reminder of how fun it is to celebrate Christmas while also staying healthy and active! Supplies limited.
The run starts at 9:00, but come as early as 8:30 to register, drop off your donation, and enjoy some Christmas music and a warm fire!
RIVERWORKS FOOD SHELF DONATION SUGGESTIONS:
Thank you for your kindness and generosity toward your neighbors in need.
2019 Jolly Jingle Jog Head Band
2018 Jolly Jingle Jog Buff
The 2017 Jolly Jingle Jog Buff!
Thank you for supporting our local food shelf!
2016 Jolly Jingle Jog Pictures and Information: