TOTAL ATHLETE TRAINING – SUMMER 2019
June 10 - August 22
TOTAL ATHLETE TRAINING is designed for the middle school and high school student athlete who wants to achieve his or her maximum potential! The purpose of this program is to prevent injury and increase strength, speed, quickness, power, and coordination. Total Athlete Training also teaches the student athlete how to strengthen the mind which leads to greater confidence, performance, and enjoyment of the sport. This program was designed by and is led by Colleen Prudhomme. Colleen is the owner of Total Strength Fitness, a certified personal trainer, track coach, strength coach and running coach. Her favorite clients are athletes who are ready to achieve their potential! Colleen finds that success comes when an athlete is willing to work hard, work right, and has fun while doing it! Colleen’s strength priorities for her athletes are developing strong core, glutes, and hips while also making certain that each move is done with proper form. One of her key desires is to eliminate the potential for knee injury. Colleen is known for her tough workouts, but also for her fun spirit and her belief in the value of every athlete’s God given talent, skills and worth.
Train Like You Mean It! REGISTER NOW!
This summer 2019 round of Total Athlete Training is geared toward preparing the student athlete for fall sports (Soccer, Volleyball, Football, and Cross Country*); however, we are winter and spring sport athletes are welcome and are sure to experience benefits. Each week there will be two training sessions. Between these two sessions, Total Athlete Training will include a relevant warm up, linear and lateral speed drills, jumps and throws, strength (primary focus is on core, glutes and hips), conditioning, as well as a focus on a mental strength theme.
What we want to achieve
It’s not just how high you jump, but also how great you land!
- Improved speed, quickness and agility
- Increased core strength – the foundation of every move
- Improve jump height (and landing, of course!)
- Improve mental skills and confidence
Each paid participant will receive a Total Athlete Training shirt.
Other Important Things to Know
- 10 weeks/20 sessions per group
- There will be four training groups:
- Middle School Girls
- Middle School Boys
- High School Girls
- High School Boys
- Each group will be provided appropriate training focus, modalities and intensities.
- While we strive for serious results, we also want to be sure to factor in the fun. Periodically, games and fun competitions are incorporated into a training session as a way to increase the enjoyment of training as well as providing a way to put into action the things that the athlete has learned.
- Success will be measured the following ways:
- First day and last day jump measurement
- First day and last day speed measurement
- First day and last day speed and agility course completion measurement
Dates: June 10th – August 22nd, 2019 (no training sessions July 1st – July 5th)
- Middle School Girls (Anticipated times are Mondays and Wednesdays 11:15 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.)
- Middle School Boys (Anticipated times are Tuesdays and Thursdays 11:15 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.)
- High School Girls (Anticipated times are Mondays and Wednesdays 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.) ALMOST FULL!
- High School Boys (Anticipated times are Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.)
Location: The Shed Sports Complex
2576 Ebersole Avenue SE Buffalo, MN 55313 (on the south side of Hwy. 55 about 10 minutes from Rockford)
Speedy Start Discount: Payment received by April 15th $400! ($100 DISCOUNT!) EXPIRED!
On the Ball Discount: Payment received by May 15th $450! ($50 DISCOUNT!) REGISTER NOW!
Right on Time: Payment received by June 1st $500 (That’s only $25 per 90 minute session!)
REGISTRATION CLOSES JUNE 1ST (or when classes are full). REGISTER HERE!
Interested in learning more? Contact Colleen with any questions or to let her know your interest in Total Athlete Training.
*Coach Colleen also will be providing a run camp for cross country runners this summer. Details for this camp will follow shortly. Visit this site again for updates.